- How did you feel while you interviewed a classmate? Do you believe that seeing an interview from the employer’s perspective makes you more prepared or not? Please explain. I felt normal, I felt OK; watching it from that perspective made me feel kind of in power.
- How did you feel while you were interviewed by a classmate? Did you feel anxious, nervous, scared, prepared, overwhelmed, confident, etc.? Please explain why you felt that way. I felt kind of nervous because, well, I sometimes didn’t know what to answer.
- How do you feel about your responses? Do you think your responses to the questions were adequate or do you feel you could have done better? What question did you find easy? What question did you find difficult to answer? I personally think my responses were good at the very least, I found the first questions pretty easy, the difficult ones were last ones in my opinions.
- What advice would you give someone who is participating in a mock interview or a real interview? What advice would you give yourself; in other words, how do you think you could improve for your real interview? An advice would be that you must not look weak; to myself would be to keep my eyes on the employer
- Yes, I know these mock interviews weren’t real, so imagine how you would perform in the interview if it was real. What have you learned you need to do to be better prepared? How should you dress for an interview? How should you behave before, during, and after an interview? What should you bring with you to an interview?Need to be serious, need to bring formal clothes (no jeans or T-shirts), behave like a mature person, bring only phone to interview, not to show, but for anything else.
- Evaluate the activity. Be honest. What do you think was good about this class activity? How do you think we could improve this activity for next time, next year? Do you believe this is a skill you do need or do not need in real life? Please explain. What was good about this activity was that it helped you prepare for a real interview; well I don’t see need for improvement in my opinion, it may be a skill I need later on.
- Take one of the 20 interview questions below and write a response that would be GOOD and one that would be BAD, then explain the difference with reasoning. It’s always good to practice job interview questions so that you become more and more comfortable. Good: I’ve wanted to do this since I found out about, and it drove me into it. Bad: So, yeah, wanted to do this kind of thing since I was born, and I want to do every once in a while. Differences are that one does want to do it, and the other has no idea what he is talking about.
Job Shadowing Reflection
- What did you learn from your presentation? I learned that some jobs can be interesting even if you are not pursuing them
- How well do you think you did on your presentation? I think I did average, at least
- What are some presentation techniques that can you incorporate into your next presentation? More information and more details about what I’m presenting
- What if anything, could you have done differently to change the outcome of your presentation? Well, I think that one thing at least should be memorizing the slides.
- Finish the following statements:
- I wish that I would have had more information about what I did and want to do.
- If I could present my presentation again I wouldn’t be sick and look at the slides, but rather memorize them.
- Now that I have reflected on my presentation, I hope I learn from the mistakes I made on this one.
Labor Day is celebrated every first Monday of September, it’s a Monday of long weekend known as the Labor Day weekend. We celebrate it each year to honor the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to strength, prosperity, laws and well-being of this country.
There’s no specific religion, culture, or politician that this holiday is associated with, it’s a federal holiday celebrated each year. Labor Day is also celebrated in more than other 80 countries, however, they celebrate it on the first day of May. Labor Day is also called the “unofficial end of summer” because it marks the end of the cultural summer season. The “unofficial beginning of summer” is Memorial Day. On the U.S., many school districts resume classes around the Labor Day Weekend, other fall activities such as sports, resume and begin about this time. Some of theses sports include the National Football League, which they play their kick-off game on Thursday, others are the NCAA, which on their teams play on that weekend and then there’s the Southern 500 NASCAR in Darlington Raceway at Darlington, South Carolina. I really don’t celebrate this holiday at all, I actually just take this as a free day, and do what I want to do on my free time.
Black History Month
The African-American person I will be talking about will be Ice Cube.
O’Shea Jackson Sr.( or Ice Cube) is an actor, comedian and rapper, from which he was one of the founding artists of gangsta rap. Ice Cube in the 90’s had a successful solo career releasing albums such as N.W.A. and AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted.
Ice Cube nowadays is a businessman that these days has a clothing line and he also announced BIG3, a 3-on-3 basketball league that features retired NBA players, he’s also an actor.
Ice Cube has accomplished many things things such as making rap songs(as in actual good rap, not that Gucci Gang and other songs they call rap), he also made the all-time classic “Today Was A Good Day” which was released in 1992. He’s also been part of movies and videogames, on movies he’s been on movies such as Friday, 22 Jump Street, Ride Along and xXx, on videogames, well he’s been on only 2, which were Call of Duty: Black Ops and DOOM 3 BFG Edition.
I like Ice Cube because he’s a good actor, makes good song(made), because he’s funny and well, because he’s pretty likable. He’s an influence on Black History because it shows what African-Americans can accomplish and and far they can go with a small start, going from one place to the other, finishing being something big. He’s an example of success on the African-American community.
Favorite Super Bowl Ads
Even though I don’t really care about football, I must say I liked some ads. Here are my favorite:
1.Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. The purpose of this commercial is to show more info about a movie many people, including me, want to see. The intended audience is long time Jurassic Park fans and other people hyped for this movie. Stance is to hype people for this movie.
2. DORITOS BLAZE vs. MOUNTAIN DEW ICE. The purpose of this commercial is to show a rap battle between Peter Dinklage and Morgan Freeman to show new products, like a new beverage and new chips. The intended audience was, well, everybody at least. Stance, well, is to just choose which one is better.
3. Avengers Infinity War: The purpose of this ad is to show you some new footage for another upcoming movie. The audience is long time MCU fans and other Marvel fans. Stance is once again, hype people for this movie
Social Issue Research Topic
What is your social issue?
My social issue is about zoos
Why is it such a social issue? What do people disagree about in relation to this topic?
It’s a social issue because there’s people arguing that we should do with the animals; they disagree that animals should remain on zoos
What is your proposed solution? Why do you think this is the best solution?
My proposed solution is that we should improve the enclosures that the animals live on. I think it’s the best solution because animals need to feel that they’re in a place they can call home, and not a prison.
What are pros to your solution?
The pros to my solution are:
- Improves animal happiness
- May help visitors change view on zoos
What are cons to your solution?
- People may not like the change
- Some zoos may not want to follow
- Might be too expensive
- People are still going to argue over a good change
Any questions to your audience members for help on your topic? (Need to post at least 2 questions)
1.What is your stance in this situation?(I support you/I don’t support you/ I don’t care about this/I’ll choose a side once one convinces me?
2.Do you like zoos? Why or why not?
The items created with Play-Doh were an Xbox controller, a spider and a bat, it’s not really important to me because, well, those are my preferences, on the Xbox controller, it’s because I like and play Xbox, the spider is because I like Spider-Man, and some spiders, and the bat because, well, Batman, I like him too.
I saw other people doing different things they like to and wish to do, for example, one person made a cake because they wish to cook or like to cook, another made a basketball because they like playing basketball, and another made a musical note because they like music, the one that interested me was the music one because it’s actually interesting to see what that person can do with an instrument. Sometimes when I see other people’s dream, I look on the person to see if they might actually achieve that goal, I may be right, I may be wrong, but their path is not mine to judge, I let time do it’s job just like time’s doing it with me.
The assignment was to create something that show us what we like, to think of something (or as it is called now, brainstorming), when I brainstormed, it wasn’t really a storm, because I already had some things in mind, well the draft, I just wrote and stuff, not much editing was done, just some adjustments, and rhetorical situation, well, since it’s basically author, genre, and all that jazz, well I guess it’s OK.
Should businesses be required to have women on their board of directors?
No, the answer is no, why? Well, first, what if no woman is on said business or if they have no interest on being in it, are you going to force them to have something they lack, second, only the best become board directors, what if you get a woman as a director with no experience whatsoever you’ll get your company downhill, if women want to become board directors, they have to prove they can be in that place, you can’t force businesses to have women in there. In ISideWith 75% percent of people agree that they shouldn’t be required while the other 25% are boot-lickers and do not know nothing about the situation. I you’re going to say something, say it right, not with stupid excuses, like blah, blah, blah, women, etc. As I said earlier, 75% of people said that women can’t be required to be board directors, they have their reasons such as that the government should never require this regardless of gender, while the other 25% are probably feminists and Tumblr people, saying that not only women but more diversity is required, they want at least a woman, a man, a Muslim, a black(no offense) person, a latino, and an Asian. Diversity is not required, stop bothering people with that.
I chose silent because I don’t like talking, probably because people don’t like me when I talk; I chose snakes and leopard because they’re my favorite animals, even though snakes scare a lot of people, I chose Xbox because that’s the console I play games on, I like it; and finally I chose the shape of a bat because I like Batman and the reason he’s also on the wordle.
Welcome to your brand new blog at Edublogs!
To get started, simply visit your blog’s dashboard, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.
Like more help?
We can walk you through step-by-step in our guide to getting started with your blog.